Wednesday, October 05, 2005

(Listening to: Yunhii challa chal rahii at the mo)

R : So are you engaged yet???
Me: Huh?
R: Arent u engaged yet?
Me: R again…. huh???!!!!

R: I was asking cuz ure a pathan and all na… so I thought maybe u wudve gotten engaged by now. So have u gotten engaged???
Me: Oh so thats what you are talking about. Well yes :D, I did get engaged!!! Oh I also got married and have 4 adorable kids…


(Not true... in case you guys were wondering)

Lol… why does that happen??? People assuming that you are engaged just cuz you belong to a specific sect / cast… Ok so I know pathans do marry their girls off early… but seriously… Do you know my dad… im not kidding… do you???!!!!
He is such an adorable baba jaan… but us three sistas and amii have come to a conclusion… he is in denial… us getting married does not come anywhere in his future plans (not that im complaining… lol, loving my freedom, yes I am!!). He is trying very hard to ignore the fact that he has 3 girls that he might have to marry off some day… lol, one day when amii said something to him abt buying gold and stuff for us, he got very very upset, muttered something under his breath and left the room.

Amii, on the other hand, is a totally different story. Last night she told me she has been attending one wedding every week since three months. How she is managing that with her clinic and all is beyond me. Honey has a pretty good theory about that. She thinks amii is trying to make up for all those weddings that she dint go to all these years and is trying to keep her ends neat with people so they will come to our weddings too. According to Amii, she is just evolving into a Social species. After 50 yrs of being a home bug, yeah sure mum, you have me convinced…

No comments: