Monday, September 18, 2006

Dad is here. Before I get used to the fact of having him around, he leaves. Two days are never enough.


I sent the email. Now, Im wondering two things.
1. Is that email address still working?
2. Was it stupid of me to send that email?


Something I read in The Garrick Year by Margaret Drabble. I haven't associated with anything so strongly since a very long time.

I find it takes very little time for me to become thoroughly bored. To me life seems to be perpetually on the verge of extinction, and I could bear anything rather than die in a moment of boredom. I feel that I am insulting something when I am bored. I began to miss London: it was not so much that I had many close friends there, for I have few friends, but I missed variety. My tastes are shallow; my life is shallow; and I like anonymity, change and fame. In Hereford I could have none of these things: I was condemned to familiarity, which beyond anything I find hard to mantain with ease.


The farewell made me realize just how much I will miss them. Before this I always thought of them as my sisters' friends. Now I realize that they have been my friends too for the past four years. Maybe not very close friends, not as much a part of my life as my regular group, but nevertheless, still my friends. I'll miss you guys. :(

Saw The Lake House over the weekend. It was a bit confusing to wrap my mind around the whole time glitch technicality thing at first. But I liked the movie. Yes, I did. Like most romantic movies, I loved this one too. Maybe I am too much of a sentimental fool to like all this romanic junk but kiya karein. They fill me with hope. And that's all I need most of the time. So yeah Lake House goes on my I Like list.

1 comment:

Faith said...

Lol... Margaret Drabble... hmm... not very moving I'll tell u. The book was dry. That's an understatement actually cuz Ive been known to read some pretty boring stuff. But that book was pretty dry. Haven't read any of her other work but can safely tell u, dont waste ur time on it. All I really liked abt the book was what i quoted. I could associate with it.

But if you like romantic movies you'll like Lake House too, is my bet. :D Tell me what you think then.