Sunday, January 01, 2006

I could start by saying my year went crap. I could list everything that went wrong. I could tell you all about the who-did-what.
I could.
But lets not.
Not today. Lets make today an exception. Why? Cuz I get a chance to start over. Clean slate. So lets not talk about all that today.

It started snowing around 9 in the night. That's what I love about this place. It has the most exquisite autumns and winters. And what other city will give you snow exact on new year's eve :D I couldn't think of a better way to start my new year.

For a change, instead of counting all the people who weren't all that nice to me, ill send out my thanks to all the people who did make my year.

Ami, Dad… I love you two.
Sana, Chicki… (im speechless) muah!!! Kisses for both of you.
Baby Titan… im glad you're makin it through
Sush… 6 years and counting, you still know where Im comin from :D
Zuljin... you make me scream and laugh at the time...who else could do that?!!!
Qta-itesall my friends back home… thank you for always always welcoming me with open hearts, huge smiles and lots of food
Me elite khi posse… my guy-hating-awkward girls who are intimidated by my sisters, my ward groupies, my angst aunts and uncles, my free of charge taxies and hotels, my drivers and mighty-moes… you’re the reason I made it through another year in this university
Bobo jaan, Khalo and the rest of the khi family… thank you for making me feel as if I'd lived my whole life in khi
Blog-mates… :D you give me something to look forward to whenever I come online. Its nice knowing you people.

Now for my new year resolutions, I found the perfect way to put them into words:

That I would be good even if I did nothing
That I would be good even if I got the thumbs down
That I would be good if I got and stayed sick
That I would be good even if I gained ten pounds

That I would be fine even if I went bankrupt
That I would be good if I lost my hair and my youth
That I would be great if I was no longer queen
That I would be grand if I was not all knowing

That I would be loved even when I numb myself
That I would be good even when I am overwhelmed
That I would be loved even when I was fuming
That I would be good even if I was clingy
That I would be good even if lost sanity

That I would be good
Whether with or without you

(Alanis Morrisette
That I would be good
)

4 comments:

word salad said...

i'm not a guy-hating-awkward girl!!!! u better clarify!

word salad said...

by the way, my blog's a serious one, i guess i'm a serious writer!! ..hmm...give me a few questionnaires..i like em!

mahnoor said...

awwww i love that song! and the new skin! and your blog!

phir how can u hate me for not liking snow and saris? :P

Faith said...

mahnoor: lol we all have our quirks dont we... me with my snow and sari fetish... u with ur not liking them... :P no hate included... fikar not!

Sum: i wasnt talking about u pagal!