Tuesday, January 10, 2006

On with the funeral. Im ready for the burial...



Its funny how acceptance and patience doesnt come in one large dose. It takes so fuckin long.


I looked at her, at them, at their life. My gaze wandered to all the pretty little bright lights surrounding the mirror and the first thought that crossed my mind was I dont want to be her, I dont want any of what she has and I dont want any of this.

“You know what,” I turned back to her, “Im very very happy for you.”

And this time the smile wasnt the one I had been practicing the whole day. For a change, it was real and my statement was an honest one. So I hugged her good night and made my way home, feeling for the first time in months that a burden had finally been lifted from my shoulders. I was finally free.


I was happy being who I am the best. I was happy being me.

3 comments:

SR said...

yaar yeh kya story hai. sadness and happiness mix mix. :(

Faith said...

lol bas dekh lo... kabhi khushi kabhi gham... haye how corny... i cant believe i just said that... somebody shoot me now!

SR said...

hahahhaha. now u seem pretty happy, so it's all good!