Sunday, December 17, 2006

Get back to me if this makes sense to you.

I've spent the better part of the last two to three years telling my mother I never want to come back and settle down in Q-town. Holidays and all is fine but settling here, no way. Even though I have grown up here, spent 18 yrs of my life here, I still have my reasons for not wanting to come back here. (So dont judge me... )

So yeah, Ive told my mum this over... and over... and over. Only this time did I realize that maybe being so vocal about it was not such a good idea. She's the one who has spent the most time here, in this city, amongst these people, away from her own family, and now, away from all of her daughters. Today she rebelled and refused to get me a ticket for my flight back to karachi. It was initially funny. But then, I tried thinking from where she stood. And it didn't feel all that good. So Dear God, point taken. Keep my mum happy and I shall put a lid on my constant dismissal of what my mother regards as home.

1 comment:

word salad said...

Stop nagging!!! It'll make anyone living in that city feel rotten!