Friday, August 26, 2005

Convinced yet again...

He is the Al-Mighty, the All knowing...
(I love you, Allah... for the mercy and love You shower me with, even when I dont deserve it)

Like so many times before in my life
I stand here again
Same place
Yet again convinced of His love for me.
When I had lost hope,
And gone mad with despair,
Thinking nothing could come to any good now,
What I loved and had worked so hard for is lost
Everything is lost.
Allah told me, hold on,
This is for the best.
It’ll come to you.
Be patient and hold on.
I cried, I lamented, I held on,
Dint know what else to do.

Met zuljin yesterday.
He told me stuff I hadn’t known than.
I came back home and cried again
This time with relief
And happiness
I felt blessed and loved
I had been too human
I had failed to understand
I had accepted the “best”
But failed to understand…
It was a relief to finally understand
To finally know..
What had happened had really been for the best
It had never been my fault
It hadn’t been me…
It was a relief to be able to stop the self-blame process
It was a relief to finally understand why Allah had taken away what made me happy
It was a relief to finally understand His love behind His apparent cruelty
It was a relief to be able to let go finally, to let the past slip away

3 comments:

Photographer said...

hmmmm .. just wondering .. do i know you ?!

i'm the same ali from awake and freezesnap :p

Aisha said...

beautiful post. Do you read rumi and hafiz? From reading this I think youd like their poetry.

Faith said...

zuljin: :D u turn so many of the wrongs in my life into rights in wys only u could.. to being best friends.. to being us... cheers :D

aisha: lol. im not that well read.. this was somethin that happened to strengthen my faith in Allah.. but yeah i love poetry... :).. its beautiful isn't it.. the way the whole world can be captured into a few lines..