Monday, September 12, 2005

Rain… beautiful, beautiful rain...

It has been raining heavily on and off since three days. Surprising, since the rainy months for Karachi (July and August) have long gone. It used to alternate between cloudy and hot/humid in those months with a few random rain drops here and there. But no rain.
No proper rain.
The type that comes down heavily and blankets you.

Everything looks greener today. Colors more vibrant, the sky clearer than it has been in days. Even the birds, while water-drenched and trying to dry themselves, hiding under roofs, seem to be chirping louder. As if their spirits have lifted again after the whole waiting-for-rain episode. Or perhaps they are just thanking God in a very loud and noisy manner. Lol, I dont mind the noise. Id rather like to think it was the second case, them thanking Allah for sending this beautiful rain.

Im drinking water from this totally adorable white and pink flowered mug that Sush gave me.
*** No, im not a weirdo who uses mugs for water and tumblers for tea n coffee... i just happen to be in a habit of drinking a lot of water and a little while from now ill switch over to drinking coffee in the mug.***
Its colors seem to reflect my mood... the pink is so..... pink! for the lack of any other word. The flowers are huge, beautiful in their own essence, the mug perfect in its perfectness.

I feel that way today.
Beautiful. Untarnished. Unspoilt.
I feel perfect and smug.
With my beautiful colors and big flowers and balance between my heart and mind.
I feel perfect.
I think i should join the birds outside, be loud and noisy, sing praises in the name of my Lord.

Beautiful, heavenly rain.
How you healed my soul, even if it is just for a while...

3 comments:

Aisha said...

Do you have a screened porch? My parents had one growing up and when it rained as a child we'd sit outside under the porch and watch the rain and feel the beautiful rain breeze... :)

Faith said...

nope.. no porches... have a balcony though... and lawns... do just as well as porches... i wish we had more rain around here...rehmat ki barish before anyone beats me up for saying the wrong things :D

Baraka said...

Thank you so much for your extremely kind comments & wishes recently-- I can't even tell you how much they meant to me. Jazak Allah Khair.

I miss the rains in Pakistan. That pleasureable inhalation of wet dirt & the magnificence of a newly washed duniya is something that I yearn to experience again.

Peace,
Baraka