Saturday, October 14, 2006

I wish I was intelligent and bright instead of being just hard working. Actually even that is not quite true. I used to be pretty intelligent and hard working... till I got into med-school. Now I am neither. Not intelligent or hard working. Just pretty ;D he he... yes yes, I know, cheap joke. sigh. Im tired. Blame the tired little psychotic cushingoid brain that has been up since the last 24 hours.

Ok, so here's my question to everyone who is still somewhat connected to studying part of life? or has been through something similar to my studies pattern.... how do I get better in Vivas (viva-voce)? I am great at writing. I suck at vivas. So, please, any help in this matter will be great!!! (i sound like Im writing an application)

3 comments:

Aya said...

awww...viva woes eh?*nostalgia* Your profile says you're 22 so I am assuming you're in third year right now.I used to be quite the nervous wreck before my vivas but I realised that the nervousness(which I think is normal) should be chucked right at the door before you go in....cos if you take it in with you it just makes you come across as being unsure of yourself and the examiner may get the impression that you don't know your stuff and the real mean ones would have a field day giving you a hard time!I think I didn't have much trouble during the viva itself becuase my best friend and I studied together for everything and we discussed things...so there was no issues with expressing ourselves in the vivas per se....try studying for thevivas with a friend perhaps?The rest...well...of course prep hard....make sure you know your stuff cos self doubt is what gives one away...and ofcourse...look pretty! ;)...hehehe
You'll be a pro by the time you get to final year inshaAllah...no worries!

p.s: plain old hard work (but also smart work) will get you places.

Anonymous said...

looks like u aren't from the prevalent matric system of our country. If you'd been, you'd be sufficiently well-versed in all the techniques of topi-o-fying. Well, of course, nothing beats study, but you should have a backup topi plan as well :D

word salad said...

try revising the stuff out loud..n then tell me if it works ;)