Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Back to Karachi and not loving it

On my way to uni, in the car:
The heat is unbearable, better than last year this time but still unbearable. Im expecting some catastrophic event to occur, something along the lines of people lying on road sides, dehydrated, gasping for a few drops of cold water (yep, im the one with the flair for drama) but life goes on.
Cool orange drink advertisement. Anything with COOL stamped across it looks good to me.
A bus has ‘yeh waqt bi guzar jayega’ written behind it.

Very literal.
Cynical mother nature.
Assault on my senses. The smell :S
Some signs are just mixed signals.

Like ‘raqeeb ki ahat’ behind that truck.
Meant for somebody else.
Note to self: Don’t dwell on it
Train of thoughts: Some things arent meant to be. Sort of comforting, that is, as harsh as it may sound the first time around. Means something else out there is meant to be, and its still there waiting to happen. All is not lost. Gives me hope.

Sir Q-z patho class:
Again, why am I here?
Pretty embarrassing. I havent adjusted to the heat yet and cant stop sweating (excuse moi). So much for keeping myself hydrated and my kidneys working (not trying to sound gross, just talking about drinking lots of water). Sir Qamar doesn’t look too happy to see us. Sour expression. Maybe the weather is getting to him as well. Atleast I got a seat under the fan. Dil ko khush kar rahii hoo. I could make the fan go faster manually, compared to its present speed. Bloody admin people. Could arrange for a few Acs around the uni, but nooooo….. (**** am trying my hand swearing at them). Oh by the way, you do know I’m not going to stop complaining right? Just setting the record straight.
We must be pretty gunehgaar log to be blasted this way. I can stand winter so much better. Oh Allah, Im really sorry for all that Ive done that might’ve angered you, but please just make this heat go away.

Psyche ward:
Its official. Baqai hates its teachers as well. The fan seems even slower than the one in class. Am sooooooo sleepy. Safo is concentrating really hard on what Mr.guys-are-supreme-no-question-about-it is saying. Good Girl. I think she really got a shock from what Dr.sahab said earlier about boys being born leaders. Her mouth went into a silent O. I see, she hasn’t come across many people like this. Maybe ill take her to Q-town some day ;)
Could he be anymore slower. And whats with the chai? Nice of him to offer us some thou.
I think im going to fall now. Try not doin that on Mehi. She will definitely be squished under me.

Bad first day!

No comments: