Friday, July 22, 2005

Looking for perfection...

I grew up in a Bollywood-supreme era and I read more than my fair share of romance novels. Oh and than there were the English movies and songs that left their mark. Between all the dusky Indian heroines with beautifully made eyes, the ready-to-die-for-them Indian heroes, the conquering-all-odds love stories and the rest of the circus, I dreamt of a Romeo too, that would come riding on a beautiful stallion and break out into a funky dance number to prove his love.
Lol, well, no. That is a bit far-stretched.
But yeah I did think about falling in love, I did dream about meeting the perfect guy who had everything to offer, and I dreamt about a perfect life.
Im past my teen years now. Somehow those dreams seem to be fading fast as well. I guess growing up does that to you. Bring you from your la-la dream land and ‘splat’ into the reality. Sad really, the loss of that innocence and child-like candor. The more I look at myself and people around me, the more I realize how naïve the idea of a perfect person is. I don’t think I will ever come across him even if he exists. I don’t think I even want to, after so many years of wishful thinking.
Why?
Cuz well, Im not a perfect person. And I don’t think I will ever really be one. I know where I stand with my looks and persona, and I don’t wanna change either one of those to fit into the role of somebody’s perfection fantasy. Isnt that what love is all about? Falling for somebody imperfect and accepting them for what they are, and who they are. Cliché it does sound, I know, but it still rings true for me. So do I wanna be with someone damn good looking, loaded with money and a perfect life? Yeah, those are perks. But as strange and unbelievable as it sounds even to my own ears, I’d rather be with someone half-way decent (full-way decent does not exist….fact), who can accept me for who I am and try not changing me. And I’d probably try doing the same, accept him for who he is. And maybe, along the way, if we try compromising, meeting half way, and understanding where each one of us comes from, maybe just maybe it’ll all work out. Yeah, so the perfect person doesn’t exist. But why cant the perfect life?

1 comment:

word salad said...

Gone r the days of the black stallion..welcome back down to earth sweet earth- now u can easily dream of sheikhs n their beautiful camels ;)