Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Time well-spent

Had an Angel-othon week with breaks here and there, for eating sleeping uni and stuff. Finally made it thru all 22 episodes of the last season. Watched nine of those today.

**Note to self: don’t try that again… gave me a headache and I was seeing two of everything by the end of it. **

Bless you Safo, with your DVD and all.
Confession: I kinda like Spike more, lol, don’t hate me please. I still think Angel is hot (he’s gained a bit of weight, nahi?)
But Spike has that attitude rite down to perfection. And his swagger is just A-mazing! Excuse me while I take a moment to collect myself. Lolz, and the way Angel is annoyed by him is just hilarious. Plus the competition over the whole hero-soul-turning human-loving Buffy had me in laughing fits.

One of the characters I liked a lot in this Angel series was Fred. She really comes across as this warm, funny, weird person. Plus she is really adorably cute with her button nose. I was so sad when she died. I was hoping Fred and Wesley would get together and live happily ever after. I hate it when they make Tv programs a little too much like reality where people get one last kiss and than die in the arms of the one person they love the most. As if we didn’t have enough of that dying crap in real life. I kept hoping till the last episode she would turn back into her human form. But other than that dark cloud, Fred was absolutely lovely.

One person Im kind of glad remained dead was Cordelia. Don’t like her all that much. Cordie always seemed artificial, compared to the rest of the girly gang. And her and Angel together? Bad move. No chemistry at all. Not the way Buffy and Angel had it. Well, even Spike and Buffy dint have that chemistry even though they looked oh-so-cute together, and he was awfully sweet to her the last two seasons. But the real chemistry was always Buffy and Angel. Nobody could beat that in both the serials.

My favorite person in the whole Joss-creation still remains Buffy. No signs of her in this season though. But she is perfection personified. She is cute, lovely hair, smart and plus she kicks ass way better than both Angel and Spike combined. Female empowerment revolution, and she seems as if she took over the whole thing like a storm. Sarah Michelle is one hell of an actress. U actually start believing she has that life, she is fighting those demons, she is in that skin and she is really Buffy. Hats off to u, Mr. Joss Whedon, you created the perfect character and you chose the perfect person to play it.

The SMILE TIME episode was sooo cute. Lol, wasnt Angel adorable as a puppet, complete with his down-turned mouth, frown and those eyebrows. Lol and the felt nose that came off. He he.. :D I still cant stop smiling (read: big wide grin) I liked the end of the Conner-coming-back episode. I liked it how he got to knew about the Angel being his dad and being ok and not homicidal about it. It was sweet. My heart went out to Angel. Made all his effort worth-while. And oh, Conner being so cute is a big perk. Also, the Cordelia coming back episode was sweet, not a big fan of Cordi, but still liked that episode. Oh n that episode when Angel kept having those nightmares was super. Another favorite was SHELLS episode when Fred actually dies and Illyria completely takes over. It is so heart-breaking the way Wesley is completely distraught over it. Very very sad. But the last episode took the cake. Bahot zabardast! From the very first to the very last minute was absolutely amazing. U want to be with Fred, illiyria says to Wesley. They say a simple line and keep u thinking about it for hours. But why did they have to shoot gorgeous-Lindsay… sad but still the numero-uno episode of the whole season. I cant get over this last season of Angel. It was absolutely everythin that was amazing, captivating, brilliant and good TV. I always thought Buffy serial was better than the Angel serial but comparing the last seasons of both, this last season of Angel won the race long before Buffy’s last season even started. Absolute Genius. Still in awe.

Do I make sense? Oh GOD its Buffy-Angel-Spike invasion, they’ve taken over my mind. Now I wont be able to study for pharma. That excuse satisfies me for like 10 seconds max. But seriously, I really like the Buffy-Angel thingy now. How sad cud I be to let TV consume my life (or the lack thereof) in such a way.

No comments: